KEEPING YOU SAFE – Our Covid Commitment
Last Updated 6th October 2021
We look forward to welcoming you to CHS Birmingham. Alongside our venue, the ICC, we are committed to making you feel as safe as possible during your time with us.
We will operate under the guidance set by Public Health England after 19th July 2021 and in line with the industry’s All Secure Standard – a comprehensive set of guidelines for exhibitions and events. For enhanced safety and peace of mind we have added some additional measures and we ask everyone in attendance to adhere to our COVID Commitment outlined below.
|We kindly ask that ALL attendees, exhibitors, staff and suppliers take a lateral flow test prior to attending. Further information on how you can get one of these can be found here.|
Our Covid Commitment
1) All attendees must be prepared to show proof of either
a) having had two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before attending*
b) a negative Lateral Flow Test result**, which can be taken at home or at a recognised centre free of charge, within 48 hours of the event.
We will accept any overseas proof given at point of vaccination.
BUYERS – Your data does not need to be submitted before the event, you will simply need to show proof to a member of The ICC Staff on entrance to the venue on Tuesday 26th October
EXHIBITORS – Your data does not need to be submitted before the event, you will simply need to show proof to a member of The ICC Staff on entrance to the venue on either set-up day on Monday 25th October or the morning of Tuesday 26th October
The NHS Covid Pass is available to those with:
- A negative home Lateral Flow test or negative PCR test within the previous 48 hours.
- Evidence of full vaccination with Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccines at least 2 weeks previously.
- Evidence of positive PCR test within the past 6 months providing this is after you’ve finished self-isolating and up to 180 days after taking the test.
All of these are recognised by the NHS app as the evidence required for a NHS Covid Pass. You must show your NHS Covid Pass in electronic or paper form to gain access.
You can find out more about the NHS Covid Pass here: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/
Other Accepted Evidence
Anyone can present evidence of a Negative Covid test (Lateral Flow or PCR) within the previous 48 hours test as an alternative to the NHS Covid Pass.
We also accept documentation showing full vaccination status whether received in the UK or another nation.
Obtaining evidence of a Negative Lateral Flow Test
Home test kits are free to anyone in the UK. You can collect these at many pharmacies or by ordering from the government website (next day delivery). Please ensure you allow enough time for postal orders to arrive with you prior to travelling to the Show.
The kits come with instructions on how to take a test.
You then must report the test outcome and receive evidence of a negative test from www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
COVID Passes and vaccination status in other parts of the UK
- Scotland – NHS Inform: Get a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status
- Wales – Welsh Government: Get the NHS COVID Pass to show your vaccination status for travel
- Northern Ireland – nidirect: Get a COVID-19 vaccination in Northern Ireland
If you are visiting from outside the UK please bring evidence of Full Vaccine status or a negative PCR test such as you required to travel to the UK.
Use of NHS Covid Pass
- Download the NHS App (NOT the NHS COVID App)
- Login to the app (using the App’s set up process)
- Click ‘Get your NHS COVID Pass’
- Agree to Term & Conditions
- Select ‘Events Trials’
This will give you the QR code pass.
N.B. It might be a good idea to download this as a PDF (one of the options in the App at this stage) and print it as a physical copy in case phone signal is not good or phone batteries die.
2) All attendees must agree NOT to attend if they answer YES to any of the following questions
· Are you feeling unwell, including a high temperature, new continuous cough and a loss of, or change to, your
sense of smell or taste?
· Are you currently required to isolate following a visit to an area or country where quarantine is required upon return?
· Have you been told to self-isolate by a government test and trace service?
· Is anyone in your household suffering with COVID-19 symptoms?
· Have you been in close contact with anyone who has COVID-19 or anyone who has been showing symptoms?
3) All attendees must agree to leave immediately should they develop COVID-19 symptoms during the event.
4) All attendees must agree to be considerate to those around them at all times and respectful of all our safety measures at the show.
Forms of Proof
We will accept various forms of proof of vaccination and a negative test result.
*For vaccinations this includes:
– the NHS COVID pass on the NHS App
– a letter from the NHS requested by calling 119
**For the LFT test result, this includes:
– an email or text confirming your result
PLEASE NOTE: without one of the above, you will not be admitted into the event.
Safety Measures within the Venue
While face masks will no longer be mandatory, we encourage visitors, exhibitors and staff to take personal responsibility and to wear a face covering in any situation which is crowded or while in close proximity to other people. We do however recognise that there are circumstances preventing people from wearing a face covering and, being mindful and respectful of this, staff will not challenge or ask for evidence from visitors who advise that they cannot wear a face covering or who make the personal choice not to. We hope that all will be equally respectful
The ICC mechanical ventilation is controlled by the ICC’s Building Management Systems to monitor air quality and other parameters. In-line with current Government guidance we have recommissioned the ventilation plant to maximise fresh air rates and where appropriate upgraded the filters to NHS hospital standards
Frequent and thorough cleaning of public areas, toilets and touch points around the venue throughout Show day
Hand sanitiser and/or hand washing facilities will be provided throughout the venue. We recommend you bring your own supply as well
Further Information and Advice
You can order lateral flow tests in advance here.
If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 please leave immediately and try to inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your visit, should you develop any COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19, please inform email@example.com
For more information, please find some useful links below:
· Click here for the NHS symptom checker
· Click here for the Government COVID-19 guidelines
· Click here to order a lateral flow test kit
These are the processes that have been put in place so you can have a safe, clean and hygienic experience at the Show, but also a productive one. It’s because of these measures, created in partnership with the ICC that we have been confident to build what we see as a uniquely special event.
We can’t wait to welcome you to Birmingham and to be a part of getting this great industry back to doing business again.